10 December 2008

Munich's Christmas Markets: Neuhauser Weihnachtsmarkt



Not wanting to miss a single one of Munich's Christmas markets, the other day we made the trek out to Rotkreuzplatz for the Neuhauser Weihnachtsmarkt.

We couldn't believe who was running the Schmuck stand:


Highlights of this little market included yummy crepes, live music (an accordion and guitar duo), and extra-cinnamony glühwein.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jul. You are making me cry with all of these Christmas market stories. I'm soooo visiting Munich in December next time I visit. And there WILL be a next time!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are posting all of your market experiences, as I had no idea there were so many. How did you find out where they all were??

Anonymous said...

Aren't you just slightly behind schedule?
I read recently that there are over 200 Christmas markets in and around Munich?!

em said...

the chef at that jewelry place was friendly enough, but his breath could have been better

Jul said...

Lulu - good idea! It's the best time of year in Germany, if you can stand the cold.

Anon - muenchen.de is a good starting point - they have a list of the markets in and around the city center. But really most of these are easy to stumble across in my daily life. They're everywhere!

Rob - Yes, I am seriously behind schedule. But I plan to make up for it by visiting 186 markets over the weekend.

Em - And I totally didn't like the way he barked at you for wanting to try on that ring.

Anonymous said...

Man I miss crepes...