07 December 2008

Munich's Christmas Markets: the gayest market of them all



This weekend the long-awaited Pink Christmas market finally opened for business. It wasn't exactly the best Christmas-market weather out, what with all the cold and rain and wind, but we managed to squeeze in a quickie glühwein there. How can you not love a city with a gay Christmas market?


I'm telling you, the tree was asking for it.

Pink Christmas is a tiny little market, with just a handful of stands, but it is quite close to the somewhat larger and more traditional Sendlinger Tor market. No Christmas market tour of Munich is complete without a visit to both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I were there -- that looks so FABulous!

The Honourable Husband said...

Less a market, and more just a giant outdoor gay bar. Not tha there's anything wrong with that...

Helen said...

That, to quote big gay Al, is simply SUPER (thanks for asking).

Anonymous said...

Now why isn't this on Marty's blog? ;-)

Jul said...

Ian - I'm sure it will be soon, with a much longer and in-depth analysis...

My Brand New Swiss Life said...

Dammit... you guys have all the fun there in Munich!

We just have the Schmutzli & Santa on motorcyles & the crappy Santa Tram.