Ready for Oktoberfest

Here it is, the new dirndl in all its glory. I love it, even though wearing it seems to reduce me to nothing but silly poses and twirling. Who knew girlie clothes could be so much fun?
A perennial expat rambles on about life in Munich and her travels around Germany, Europe, and the world. And takes pictures of funny stuff.
Here it is, the new dirndl in all its glory. I love it, even though wearing it seems to reduce me to nothing but silly poses and twirling. Who knew girlie clothes could be so much fun?
21 comments:
Your photo reaffirms my belief: A woman in a dirndl always looks good!
Wowza!
They are indeed flattering little items. Perhaps that's why they've managed to stick around for so long...
GL, I'm telling you, you should get one. It's fun!
A dirndl is definitely going on the list of things to buy Mrs. TBF (for my birthday) - along with a Hooter's waitress outfit and a Japanese schoolgirl uniform.
You look beautiful!
Note to self, dirndl = big boobs. LOL! ;-)
I'm totally jealous of your blossoming breasts, er, I mean plants, in the background, eh. yeah.
I confirm, even with tiny tatas, dirndls are fun. Though not so much...
Ahem, Heza, my eyes are up here. :-P
TBF - I'm sure Bavaria is quite honored that its regional traditional dress has made your very exclusive list.
I'll take Mrs. TBF shopping next time you guys are in Munich.
Pumpkin Pie - aw, thanks. :)
Maria - really? I hadn't noticed the connection, but if you say so... :)
So scharf! Ist das eine Fotomontage oder bist das wirklich Du, Jul?
I think I need to buy a dirndl for my wife, too ;-)
Liebe GrĂ¼sse, Jens
That's hot! I really like it. Too bad I won't be attending Oktoberfest this year. I so can't wait to get to Munich.
Gorgeous. :-)
Jens - all me. Und alles echt!
Bluefish - I think I'm more excited about the dirndl than I am about Oktoberfest!
Corregio - thanks. :)
You look awesome! What a great purchase.
Thanks, Jessica. I just wish I had more opportunities to wear it. :)
I think that to be traditional, your hands are supposed to be holding Massen, instead of being behind your back.
As for an occasion, what about the 4th of July? Or Bastille day?
Yes, I should probably get started on building my hand strength...
You look awsome in that dirndl, Jul! I'm sure there will be enough opportunities to wear it in Munich. There's always somekind of "Fest" going on there :)
Thanks, CS! :)
Your dress is AWESOME! You're going to fit right in when you go to the next celebration where you can actually wear it. (I guess they're no longer something to wear casually while walking down the street, huh?) :)
Thanks, Zan.
People still wear them to occasions like weddings, so I could walk around in it on a normal day and just pretend I was on my way to a wedding. :)
Post a Comment