Tired of all those pesky non-white foreigners? Perhaps the SVP can help
So today I open my mailbox to find a brochure from the good old SVP (the Swiss political party of black sheep infamy). I decided to flip through and see what new and improved bigoted scare tactics they were using in the run up to the election. I didn't have to flip very far.
This young man was featured on page two, alongside a story about how very, very many foreigners are criminals. Did he scare you?
A few pages later was this woman, along with statistics (obviously designed to alarm the reader) about how the Muslim population in Switzerland has been growing exponentially in recent years. Under a list of 'facts' about the Left (the SVP's political opponents), I found these fun facts: not only does the Left want a multicultural society, but if we leave it to them, soon they'll start handing passports out to everyone!
I'm sure there were plenty of other juicy tidbits contained in this 8-page SVP ad, but I had to stop reading. It was making me sick to my stomach.



7 comments:
Well, you shouldn't be sorry you got that junk. After all they wasted some money sending their crap to YOU (bad bad foreigner) and if you return it (A-Post, sender pays, of course) they waist some more money paying for that too...
So make 'em pay for that sh*t!
(current favourite song: Elvis Presley - Return to sender)
:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
On behalf of Switzerland, I apologize. These SVP freaks are a burden to all of us.h
waste waist
tst tst...
It seem like foreigners are the only one who read the svp-ads. Every foreigner I ask read at least part of it, but only one swiss guy. curious. But thats probably because I haven't asked a member of the SVP...
Pascal - unfortunately this one didn't come with a postage-paid envelope. :)
Matthias - thanks. :) It's nice to be reminded that despite the visibility of this campaign, most Swiss aren't in support of it.
Anon - interesting observation. Maybe the Swiss are just more used to such ads, so they find them easier to ignore? It's true that in the US I probably wouldn't bother to read leaflets sent out by the republicans, either...
I saw a new ad of theirs in the paper today... a group of Muslims kneeling and praying, and a caption saying, "Use your head!"
How ignorant.
I just threw mine away. Unfortunately, there is no sender address on these things, otherwise, I would have sent it back.
Post a Comment