27 February 2006

And I thought the opening ceremonies were surreal….

Olympic grinch


The closing Olympic ceremonies had us wondering what drugs we had been slipped. I was cool with the giant pizza dough, and the three dancing decks of playing cards, and the Fellini-esque acrobats, and the skaters with the flaming helmets. YMCA? Why not. Ladies with villages on their skirts? Fabulous idea.

Olympic pizza dough

And I loved the flying snowboarder. And even though I was hoping for Eros Ramazzotti, I accepted Andrea Bocelli. And when the Canadians went with Avril Levine, I accepted that, too.

Olympic human playing cards


Halfway through the closing ceremony, the actors got bored and amused themselves with a rousing game of 'Where's Waldo?'.

The highlight, where they set a flying snowboarder on fire


But Ricky Martin? Ummm.....

Ricky is just as surprised as we are to see himself performing.

The Olympics have officially freaked me out. Almost right up until the end, they had me missing Italy. But now I’m just afraid.

1 comment:

Madame K said...

I was thinking communion wafer, but tomatoe, tomato......